Sunday, June 30, 2013

Trouble Finds Me



~Trouble Finds Me~

Trouble finds its way into the depths of my soul.
It devours my line of sight.
It takes out my defenses and forces me to go underground.
Concepts of fear and loathing defends my right to make mistakes.
Concepts of hope and strength declare my right to fight on.

Trouble finds its way into the depth of my soil.
It roots and grows until it blossoms into dreams that I somehow always burn. 
It grows into weeds and sometimes the weeds are more beautiful than the flower.
Concepts of fear and loathing defends my right to an honorable death.
Concepts of hope and strength declare my right to live with strength.

We are not the high and mighty.
We are not the Lords of our worlds.
We are not kings and queens.
For our God made himself small.
For our God made a way for me to no longer live for myself.
We are the sons and daughters.
We are the children of the high and mighty.
We are the children of the Lord of our worlds.
We are the children of the King.
Trouble finds its way into the depths of me.
Fear, loathing, hope, and strength.
Living, dying, mistakes, and the fight.

All of it makes up us.
All of it makes up this thing called life.


No comments:

Post a Comment