Sunday, January 5, 2014

In Death There can be Life


"All along I thought I was learning how to take

How to bend not how to break

How to live not how to cry

But really I've been learning how to die

I've been learning how to die"

                                                                     ~Jon Foreman


~In Death There Can be Life~

Worthy of all things that I do not deserve.
Blessed to be more than what I see for myself.
God is the One who is worthy of praise.
For He is the Lord that is stronger than the addictions of this world.

Break me oh God.
You are the fire that burns my strife.
Break me oh God.
You are the truth that punishes me for love. 

Worthy of all things that He says I should have.
Blessed to be more than this world has to offer.
God is the One who is worthy of glory.
For He is the Lord that is stronger than the pride of this world.

Break me oh God.
You are the fire that burns my soul.
Break me oh God.
You are the truth that disciplines my doubt.

In death there can be life.
In pain you can grow.
In life there can be death.
And in my life I want all three.
Burn me, break me, save me.
For you have more than this world has to offer.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment