Sunday, May 4, 2014

My Life Still Lives On

"I do not exist, only you exist."
                                     ~mewithoutYou

 For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness.
                                      ~1 Thessalonians 5:5


~My Life Still Lives On~


I deserve nothing.
I deserve nothing but the death that I am born with. 
I do not deserve the gifts and the mercy I am shown every day.

I am a child of the light.
I am a child that casts a shadow. 
I do not deserve the light on my life, but for some reason it is upon me.

I deserve death. 
I deserve Hell. 
But I have a God who looks at me and takes my death away.

I am a child of mercy.
I am child that hurts more than myself. 
I do not deserve the mercy in my life, but for some reason it is upon me.

In moments like these when I seem to have clarity, I weep.
I weep for the goodness
I weep for the pain. 
I weep for I do not know why He would save me, all because of faith.

As the day passes by and the clarity begins to fade
I sing the songs I always knew.
I sing, "God, my God, I do not deserve you.
I do not deserve your love
But I thank you, for you have won my life.
So I thank you, even though I do not deserve you."

I deserve nothing. 
You deserve everything. 
I close my eyes and pray my prayers
For my life still lives on.

1 comment: