Sunday, August 24, 2014

Offended by Everything

"It's just water and I am just soul
With a body of water and bone
Water and bone"
                                    ~Switchfoot




~Offended by Everything~

Destiny, fate, what is the authority we have?
The dead brought back to life, the authority in this world.
The soul broken down, needing to be refilled. 

Can miracles happen when the soul is tired?
Do we believe, when belief is limited to a child's eye?
The soul broken down, needing to be refilled.  

My body is flesh and bone.
Why does this world put so much stock in it?
My hope comes from my soul, not the body I am enslaved in.

Destiny, fate, what is the hope we have?
The sick healed, the authority of this world.
The soul broken down, needing to be refilled.

Blessed is he who is not offended by everything.
It is to easy to cry over spilled milk.
Blessed is he who humbles himself and trusts in the other side.

1 comment: