Sunday, December 7, 2014

Torches Meet Joy...Joy Meet Torches

"Let's set this city ablaze.We'll burn down the monuments and build mountains in our place.
We could see everything. We could start a fire and all shine in it's light. Shine so bright we burn in eyes and heal the stories ending. this is the last time we will ever bleed to feel alive."

                                                                                                    ~Further Seems Forever

 


Torches Meet Joy...Joy Meet Torches



I am not defeated.
I am not the one who will lose.
I have a hope,
And I am sticking with it.

In this world we will have hardships.
In this world some will not like you.
Times may not be kind,
But loves' words still rings true.

May joy be in our hearts.
And let our voices rise up and sing of glory.
Let the music play the songs of Heaven.
And may our lives reflect the love shown to us by the one and true.

I am not to be taken down.
I am to stand strong.
I am not to wobble to the floor.
And I will not be shaken.

For God is above all that we are.
For God delivers joy.
Happiness will never do.
For happiness is determined by happenstance.

It is time to lay down our pride and be humble.
It is time to strike a match and light up this world.
I want to start a fire that lights up this place.
I want to burn down the hypocrites and force them to be real.

When did hope become a luxury?
When did this world rob us of our joy?
Take up the torch and burn down the unkind heart.
Use the fire to illuminate the dark that has taken over the city.

I am not defeated.
I am not the one who will lose.
Take up the torch and burn bright for joy.
Take up the torch and show the world what joy really means.

No comments:

Post a Comment