Sunday, February 8, 2015

This Fire Likes to be Water

That's a love that, cant be broken,
That's the sting of a, heart cut open,
That's the thing about, blind devotion,
That's a love that, can't be broken
                                           ~Twin Forks 


                                              This Fire Likes to be Water

Baptize me with fire and water.
Wash me clean and burn me free.
Let the water wash over my soul.
Cover my sins with fire and bring me to a place where my obedience longs for only you.

Is it strange that I believe while I doubt?
Is it strange that I want both fire and water?
Is my strength determined by my own understanding?
Is my strength anchored by your Holy name? 

I have water in my blood and fire in my soul.
I have flesh that covers my spirit and I long for the other side.
I have sins that seem divine, and sins that put me in the ground.
I have an underlying agenda to be a better man than the man I have been before. 

I want to crucify myself and bleed until I am dry.
I want to be nailed to a cross and cry out to God.
My God,  oh my God,  why did you forsake me.
My God,  oh my God baptize my blood.

Set me on fire my Lord and make me be a light that burns for the sea.
Baptize me and you will hear a man that runs to see.
More and more the ice becomes water.
By using the fire to melt the cold to cleanse the soul by water and flame. 

Baptize me with water and fire.
Wash me clean and burn me free.
I stand by the ocean and I breathe in the life.
Salt in the wound that cleanses me.

I stand at the edge.
I stand in the tide.
I want to feel the waves washing over the pain.
I drown in the water to baptize my blood.

Life doesn't take a backseat to belief.
And my life doesn't destroy my love because I am obedient to a King.
My obedience makes me strong.
It energized my mind to jump start the love that is in my heart. 

Crucify me and let me feel longing.
Make my mind, body, and soul a sacrifice to love.
Use this baptism to make me realize all I need is you.
Please Lord, guide my eyes into the sea.

Set flames to the ocean so that I may be cleansed by both fire and water.
Set the world on fire with obedience unlike any other.
May my world be the beacon that guides ships through the sea.
May my world be a living baptism for the one who gave it all for me. 

Baptize me with fire and water.
Wash me clean and burn me free. 
Let the water wash over my soul.
Cover my sins with fire and bring me to a place where my obedience longs for only you.




No comments:

Post a Comment