Thursday, August 27, 2015

Right in Front of Me

~Right in Front of Me~



If I was a man, would I be rich? 
If I was a man, would I be poor? 
If I had a place to be after this world where would I be? 
Heaven or Hell?


I see scars on wrists. 
I see holes in feet. 
I feel more than blood running down my arm. 
I feel more than sweat beeding on my neck.


Can I have a drop of water? 
Can I latch onto my wife and go to the gates? 
Can I use her as a surrogate to enter the Kingdom?
I thought I was good, I thought that was enough.


That man over there he was a murderer, I understand him. 
That lady on my right raped a boy I understand that. 
That one to my left stole cheated lied and died. 
I understand that.

Please, let me in. 
I worked towards a goal. 
I treated them with respect. 
Yet, here I am burning, dying and not dying.

In denial and loving it does not receive.  
When the truth is right in front of you and you deny. 
Attempting to justify sin by calling it shaming. 
Attempting to justify sin by saying that it is the social norm.


It is easy to be good and then die in sin. 
It is easy to run to people's beds and end up not understanding what went wrong. 
Not one of us is worthy. 
But those that accept the ancient teaching understand more.


If I was a man, would it be okay to rape and murder? 
If I was a man,  would it be okay to see if I have blood in my wrists? 
If I was a man,  would it be okay if I lived to be good and to always get my way? 
If I was a man, couldn't I listen and receive that truth that was always right in front of me?

No comments:

Post a Comment