Thursday, February 18, 2016

Tomorrow Gets Me Through the Past

"They left us alone, the kids in the dark to burn out forever, or light up a spark. We come together state of the art. We'll never surrender, the kids in the dark. So let the world sing, 'What a shame beautiful scars on critical veins. 'Come together state of the art. We'll never surrender. "

                                                                                                                                                   ~ All Time Low



~ Tomorrow Gets Me Through the Past ~


Tomorrow equals new experiences.
Tomorrow    IS the narrow versus the Broad.
Tomorrow   IS a choice That reinvents Itself as the events Get Closer.
Tomorrow   IS Always in the Now, so Get up and Dance.

A smile filling my eyes as I learn to discover rather than cower.
A moment of jubilee when I find out that change is not as bad as it seems.
More of this and that.
And less of that and this.

For tomorrow  IS the Day That starts yesterday.  
Finding out that fear is no longer part of my arsenal.
That time when it is okay to wander and not find anything at all.
Tomorrow   IS Never Alone and today IS filled with Sparks.

A smile filling my face as I learn to drive and not let go.
A smile that tells me that running away is not the answer.
A moment of jubilee when I realize that letting go is just another part of the day.
For letting go is a double edged sword used for the good and for the tarnished.

Tomorrow   Divides into three.
The past, present, and the future.
All rolled into one caring moment where the choice is made.
As I run and not let myself equal the impossible.

Even though I miss and I mourn.
Even as I am filled with sadness that I will not get to see them.
I know they are safe.
I know that life takes a strange path to find an answer that was always there.

Here I go weeping for joy.
Here I go dancing this day into the next.
Here I go taking in feeling and using it for good.
Here I Go looking for tomorrow  Which IS just like looking for today.  

Tomorrow  equals new experiences.
Tomorrow   IS the path less Traveled and more Traveled by others.
Tomorrow   IS missing the ones I hold Dearest.
But for now I tell you I love you.

I love you more than you know.
But we know, that we are never not together.
Because tomorrow  IS where the memories and the Present collide to form the new and exciting.  
Tomorrow  IS a lways in the Past and the Now.

So get up and dance to the new.
Dance to the present, and the past.
So get up and dance to the undecided.
Because we all know that the meaning will be with us and reveal itself when our eyes stop looking.  

But please do not stop looking at the same stars.
Or even the same sun and moon.
For even if the sun is a star.
It is the one that will truly guide me home. 

1 comment:

  1. Could go with my novel, Outside of Time. Every moment is Now with God- C.S. Lewis. I love this theme.
    Beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete