Sunday, February 2, 2014

~Bought by Death, Forged by Life~

"I'll need my maker
To cure me of my doubting blood
And drain me of the sins I love
And take from me my disbelief."
                                         ~Dashboard Confessional


~Bought by Death, Forged by Life~

A burning desire to do what is wrong against the other side.
I crawl in the depths of what I believe to be true.
I hang my head down in the face of truth.
A burning desire for things that I know does not glorify.

It only takes one to change the world.
It only takes one to turn desires of flesh to desires that fulfill.
In my life I know the rights and I know the wrongs.
I know that I am tempted by body mind and soul.

It only takes one to deny the other world.
It only takes one to corrupt and kill all that is whole.
In my life I fear the wrong people, but I can try to fear the truth.
In my life I know it is impossible to be perfect, but I can try.

A burning desire to do what is wrong in the eyes of my Lord.
Sometimes I struggle to believe.
I need a burning desire that is hotter than that of the world.
I need to break the ropes and be on my way to the path that hurts more
.
The reward is great the road is hard.
I am tempted by fates that I do not want to choose.
I should live for my death, unlike the world who live for life and themselves.
The reward makes everything sweeter.

At worlds end I will be joined with the Son of Man.
At worlds end the dichotomy of life becomes one.
My burning desire fully on the Son of Sorrow for my sorrow is no more.

It is time be be real, to crawl, to run, to breathe in this life.
It is time be be real, to fight, to walk, to long for the truth.
The real burning desire bought by death and forged by life. 
The real burning desire is a matter of heart.


2 comments:

  1. Thoughtful verse and describes every honest Christ Follower's desires. My favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are eloquent and perfect for such a meaning. I truly love this post. I believe you've captured the truest struggle and desire of every Christian heart out there.

    ReplyDelete