Thursday, March 20, 2014

Looking for Home

Where I Belong
Storms on the wasteland
Dark clouds on the plains again
We were born into the fight

But I'm not sentimental
This skin and bones is a rental
And no one makes it out alive

                               ~Switchfoot(Where I Belong)



~Looking for Home~

As the rain begins to fall I begin to feel home. 
I long for the days of forever and I begin it now.
In the name of the one who saves every sin.
To live in the name of the one who is forever.

This man was nailed to a cross.
This man bore my sins with his stripes. 
He is the one whose name I call to for Grace,
I call on it in the good and the bad.

My Savior lives and he loves.
My Savior remains even when I fade. 
My Savior was nailed to the cross for me.
My savior bled so that I may have life.

As the rain falls and the thunder roars my life begins and ends and continues in glories name. 
As faith is tested and wills begin to break.
My God is able, my God is not to be underestimated.

To live not for myself
To live not by myself

To live for the glory, and the honor of my savior.
To live for the name that reminds me, I am more than what the world tells me.
His name
Oh, his sweet name is Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. There is a common thread with my March posts of waiting, but expectant. I thought my thoughts should have been a poem, but that is not how they came.

    ReplyDelete