Sunday, March 23, 2014

What Makes Your Heart Fall?





"Oh, but Jesus. I’ve got Vices like any other man.

Vices that you’re so used to. 
Vices that won’t make you think less of me."            ~Dead Poetic







~What Makes Your Heart Fall?~

What is it that makes you fall?
What is the act that torments and feels good to you?
What makes your heart splinter?

What is the hope that breaks all understanding?
What makes you tick, the good and the bad?
Do we choose to die, or do we press on and forgive ourselves and others?

What is it that draws you further away from being clean?
What takes your humility from your body and twists it to make you feel pride?
We are all unworthy, but we have hope to turn around the life we lead.

I have my own chains.
I have my own vices.
They are things that will make people see how unworthy I can be.

My vices fight my will for humility.
My vices attack all I hold dear.
My vices  make me fall, fail, and run.

But...

Healing can come to every man.
Healing can be a hand that reaches down and pulls us back up.
Healing can come by water running through our souls.
Healing wakes us with the song of birds gently filling our spirits.

Do I cast the first stone?
Or do I let the water make me believe?
Or do I let the water help me breathe?

What is it that makes you fall?
Whatever it is...
Take it up, cast it aside, and baptize your mind.

1 comment:

  1. Thought provoking. I needed to read this last week, but it still helps. I heard an unsettling word about my novel and it sent me into a spiral. Maturity is allowing me to overcome as I lean on Jesus. I knew where the attack came.

    ReplyDelete