Wednesday, September 17, 2014

One More Time

Why, Lord, do you stand far off?
    Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?
~Psalm 10:1



~One More Time~

Here I am.
Broken down in soft shadows.
Defeated and huddled under all that I wish to cast aside.
Here I am.

The ocean is deep.
The sky is vast.
The plains stretch on.
Here I am.

The light casts shadows.
The shadows can reveal more than light.
The light casts shadows.
Here I am.

My bones are dust.
And my eyes are red.
I look and I cannot find.
I try to move and I am paralyzed.

My ocean seems shallow today.
My sky is a little smaller than before.
My plains shrink to a step and only a step in front of me.
Here I am.

I want to run to the other side.
I want to join hands and finish a race.
I want to know why.
I want to doubt then learn  to believe.

Here I am.
A man smaller than a mustard seed.
Here I am.
Travelling with no where to go.

One step at a time.
One foot forward.
One more time.
One more time.
Here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment