Sunday, September 28, 2014

We Will Always Have Storms

Hello hurricane, you're not enough
Hello hurricane, you can't silence my love
I've got doors and windows boarded up
All your dead end fury is not enough
You can't silence my love, my love

                                                  ~Switchfoot
 





~We Will Always Have Storms~

The waves crash and the waves seem to be hunting me.
I want to feel, I want to use these waves to let love flow through me.
Trouble comes, the lightning flashes and instead of love we flee.
This idol of prosperity needs to be broken down and taken away from me.

Things of this world will not save you.
Your car, your house, your objects will not bring you life.
Do not hold onto these things when trouble comes.
Go to love, go to the Master, no matter what storm comes your way.

We all reach to the other side.
We all want to know the truth.
There is only one road worth taking.
That road is filled with strife and hardships, but it is also filled with love.

Water is over my head killing me.
Water is over my head washing me clean.
Who do I put my trust in?
Who do I show my love?

If this world is not our home,
Why then do we think that struggles will not come unto us?
If our body is only temporary,
Why then do we think it will not feel pain?

Where is our faith?
Who do we put  our trust in?
Where is our hope?
Who is the one you look to when times get hard?

A storm is always on its way.
A storm will always be there to knock you down.
If you think just because you know God, they will not come,
Then you do not  know the ways of God.

Waves are crashing.
The storm is coming.
Hope is broken
But my faith will not be shaken.

Let the storm come.
Let the storm wreck my life.
Hold my hand and carry me through.
No matter the storm I will believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment