Sunday, October 5, 2014

This is About True Love

Whatever good things we build end up building us.
                                                                    ~Jim Rohn

~This is About True Love~

This is a matter of blood.
This is a matter of the heart.
This is my body being a vessel that means nothing.
This is my body longing for the other side.

I walk, then I run.
I slow down and crash.
I get hurt, I get wronged. 
I have  hope,  even when I feel alone.

The world falls down on top of me.
The world is allowed to try and tempt me. 
But even when I get taken aback
I am never alone.

Here are my hands 
Here are my feet
Here is my heart
Take them for the glory of pain.

For pain is used to build up the soul.
The hurt is used to show what love truly is.
My world can fall apart.
My world can be rebuilt.

Life takes us through renovations.
It takes its toll when the wall gets taken down.
When the foundation is rattled
We think all is lost.

Our houses need to be built on a real surface. 
Our houses need to be cleaned. 
To be washed and scrubbed and made new again.
To be made better even if it must be destroyed first.

Love takes our times of need.
It snatches them up to be used for good. 
It grasps them, then lets them go for help.
We can show love  to others when we know what it feels like to not be loved.

This is a matter of blood.
This is a matter of the heart. 
This is a matter of turning adversity into beauty.
This is about true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment