Monday, October 27, 2014

Even If You Do Not Seek

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen."                ~Ernest Hemingway


~Even If You Do Not Seek~

Protect and be still.
A boundary made by love and not by hate.

Am I in a cage when the rules are put in place?
Or are they placed in my life out of love?

We seek immediate gratification.
When we should be looking to the eternal.

Stars light my way and sing songs of hope.
They protect and point me in the right direction.

Humanity illuminated by selfishness.
And our pride can take us out.

Death will come to every man.
What will you do while you are here?

Listening to the eternal one can be hard.
But if it is done lives will be free.

The road is hard.
But the reward is great.

Pray and be still.
Listen and wait.
Love will live even if you do not seek. 

No comments:

Post a Comment