Sunday, November 23, 2014

To Hell

“There are moments when even to the sober eye of reason, the world of our sad humanity may assume the semblance of Hell. ” 
                                                                                         ― Edgar Allan Poe


~To Hell~

As I watch and see him, I wonder what I can do.
I see him travel down a path that is so broad. 
I see him travel down a path I do not wish to follow. 
As I watch and see him, I wonder should I do something for him?

I am lazy.
I am not strong.
I see his need and smile as if the need is not there.
I see his final destination and it does not motivate me.

To Hell and never back again.
A highway with only one exit.
A place where even light does not stay.
To Hell, to Hell!

Why am I so calloused?
Why do I seem not to care?
To Hell!
Should I try and get to him before he goes?

We drink and are merry with our brothers.
But we see the men who will not see glory and we do nothing to help.
To Hell!
Why do we do nothing?

The man lives his life not knowing he is gone.
He has never heard what I know.
To Hell!
I never tell.

He is ready to hear.
He is ready to receive.
To glory!
He is ready, but speak no words.

My compassion is gone.
My empathy is dead.
My laziness becomes my life.
My mind is telling me to stand still.

He will die.
He will fall.
I did nothing.
I just lived.

To Hell!
To Glory!
There can be Hell on Earth 
My eyes blinded by my own contentment.

As I watch my eyes begin to look sway.
"He has plenty of time." I say
"Someone else will get to him." I convince myself.
As I watch, I decide to walk away.

I am the man that you saw, and I saw you walk away.
I am the man that you thought had time.
I died that day.
I died by a car that was out to play.

Why did you not help me?
Why did you turn away?
To Hell!
Where is the glory?

Where is the water I need for relief?
Where is the food I crave?
I thought death would be the most pain I have ever felt.
I thought the Earth was the last place would ever live.
I was wrong, and nobody told me I would end up this way. 

All I see is death and tainted fame.
All I feel is nothingness and pain.
Why did you not warn me?
Why did you not care?
Why did you keep the truth bottled inside your soul?

To Hell, to Hell I wish you will never go.
That car, that day.
Why did you not pray?
To Hell, to Hell I wish you will never go.
That car that day.
Why did you decide not to stay?
Why did you turn you head and walk away?

No comments:

Post a Comment