Friday, December 11, 2015

I Fell in Love and All I Got Was a T-shirt (Poem From High School)

I Fell in Love and All I Got Was a T-shirt


Soaring in the air, my thoughts keep going to the one I fell in love with. 
Flying in the plane going away from the town where we met outside a school, realizing who I was. Brought together by a friendship that should’ve lasted a lifetime, but I didn’t mean to fall in love. 
Now I leave with only a T-shirt, a broken heart, a broken down feeling of love.

Moving away from the love of my friends to another town I know nothing of. 
I’m going to dance all the pain away never looking back to the one I fell in love with. 
Brought together by a friendship that should’ve lasted a lifetime, but I didn’t mean to fall in love. 
Now I leave with only a T-shirt, a broken heart, a broken down feeling of love.

Do I love her, do I love her, or can I move onto the town I’m going to? 
Do I love her, do I love her, or can I move onto the town I’m going to?
Brought together by a friendship that should’ve lasted a lifetime, but I didn’t mean to fall in love. Now I leave with only a T-shirt, a broken heart, a broken down feeling of love.

I’m going away now never looking back to the love that should’ve never happened.
I think maybe I will see her one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment