Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Why is Good Forgotten?


~Why is Good Forgotten?~


This journey is not for the faint of heart.
These moments take precedent over the rest.
I have been given these moments to make things better.
One step to the right as my body goes left.


I am entrusted to give back and not just take.
To go out and understand that the world does not want to accept me.
To be a servant,
And give, give, give.

Do I distrust my distrust?
Am I profound for the sake of me?
Or do I proliferate my gifts for others?
Do I go and bring change, joy, and hope for the joyless, and hopeless?

Salt that lacks taste.
Seeds that get planted next to rocks.
Houses sinking in the sand.
Failing because you do not try.

I have work to do.
I have more to do in this life.
To serve and give to the poor.
And to know I was chosen to cultivate the trees to grow fruit.

Is it easy?
Will I love myself instead of others?
Is it easy?
No, opposing forces will make you want to serve self instead of giving back.

Good is not striven for anymore.
Pleasure is the new religion.
Power, greed, sex, and money are the gods of our world.
Lovers of self, lovers of the gray.

I would rather see it black and white.
To know where you stand.
Not to muddle or blur lines.
I would rather sacrifice than let it be easy and lose my soul.

Serving is not natural.
It is a choice.
Every day going out and giving back.
Instead of praising God then spitting in people's faces.

Is this the world you wish to live in,
A place of pride;
A places of greed;
A place where being blind to the truth leads to slaughter?

This journey is not for the faint of heart.
But I would not have it any other way.
Helping those in need.
Understanding what it truly means to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment